Viva has the permits and authorizations necessary to conduct mineral exploration activities on both public and private land. Authorizations include:
- Decision Record (DR) and Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSI) issued by the United States for a Plan of Operations to disturb up to 75 acres during exploration.
- Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Casefile NVN-076629, and Reclamation Permit 0210 issued by the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) Bureau of Mining Regulation and Reclamation (BMRR).
Studies by a prior operators on the project were undertaken to support a potential small-scale underground mining operations. The studies identified and evaluated baseline hydrogeologic conditions, groundwater quality, storm water controls, mine dewatering requirements, ore and waste rock geochemistry, and surplus water management options including re-infiltration and underground injection. Geochemical testing of waste rock that would be encountered in potential underground decline development reported a low or no potential for acid rock drainage.
- Environmental Assessment and Cultural Resources studies completed by Newmont in 2003
- Exploration permitted under a Plan of Operations for up to 75 acres of cumulative disturbance
- BLM & NVDEP Baseline Needs Consultation Meetings: held March 2021; BLM project manager appointed